Our school’s pedagogy reflects the overarching principles and approach to learning outlined in the Sydney Catholic Schools’ Statement on Authentic Learning. By connecting to the real world of students’ lives, authentic learning enables students to become lifelong learners who contribute to society and the wider world as active and discerning citizens. Authentic learning is central to our work as Catholic educators because it promotes the continual growth and wellbeing of the whole person; spiritually, intellectually, emotionally, socially and physically.
At St Mark’s Catholic Primary School Drummoyne we seek to lead each student to:
- Discover more about themselves, their relationships with others, their world, their Catholic faith tradition and their God
- Achieve their full potential; personally, spiritually, academically and intellectually
- Become empowered, lifelong learners.
Students are the centre of our learning environment and they are given opportunities to:
- Discover in a supportive and positive learning environment which caters for diverse needs
- Achieve through challenging, yet achievable learning experiences that are relevant to real life
- Become confident, resilient and critical thinkers, enabling them to make connections between their learning and the outside world
- Promote student voice and choice so that they are facilitators of their own learning.